The following legislative platform outlines CSDA’s priorities for the 2024 legislative year and serves to provide guidance to our board, member committees, legislative advocates, members, and public on CSDA’s legislative principles.
CSDA’s Vision: Transforming the Lives of Children
CSDA’s Mission: To Advocate, Educate and Collaborate on behalf of the local child support agencies to advance the child support program as a safety net service leading to family financial stability.
Platform I: Support efforts that facilitate family access to program services, remove barriers to access and ease administrative burdens, while preserving local control and local child support agencies’ (LCSAs) ability to utilize effective, equitable and flexible collection tools and methods.
- Support efforts that promote increased access to program services, the elimination of barriers to those services, and the expansion of supportive services.
- Maintain the discretion to appropriately design and manage the delivery of the child support program at the local level, while maintaining close partnership with the state.
- Support the continued ability to use effective, equitable and flexible collection tools and methods to support families.
Platform II: Increase public and community awareness of child support and foster strategic partnerships at all levels of government.
- Parter with the Legislature in the legislative and policy making process.
- Support efforts that advance the child support program as a critical safety net service leading to family financial stability.
Platform III: Support efforts to expand sharing of information through local agency collaboration and automating data exchange to enhance services to families.
- Support the facilitation of increased data sharing between LCSAs and partner agencies for improved outcomes for families.
- Increase the capacity to collect and analyze accurate demographic data to ensure equity within the program.
Platform IV: Preserve existing funding that will enable the child support program and LCSAs, as a critical part of the social safety net, to continue to reach unserved families and lift children out of poverty.
Maintain adequate funding to ensure LCSAs can sufficiently address local needs and the program can continue to serve as a critical safety net program for children in California.