CSDA Strategic Plan
(the change in the world that CSDA is moving toward)
Transforming the Lives of Children
(CSDA’s unique role in creating that change)
To Advocate, Educate, and Collaborate on behalf of the local child support agencies to advance the child support program as a safety net service leading to family financial stability.
(What informs and guides everything that CSDA does.)
Integrity Unity Collaboration
Courage Innovation Respect
Commitment Tolerance Excellence
FOCUS AREA I: Member Value Proposition
Engaged members feel connection & community in CSDA to come together to drive influence.
Members of CSDA are welcomed to be a part of something bigger than themselves. There is a personal pride in belonging to this group which approaches challenges collectively. Members of CSDA actively engage and support one another through the sharing of best practices and unique experiences. They learn from each other, grow with each other, and foster a collective influence.
- STRATEGY 1 – ENSURE MEMBER SATISFACTION AND ENGAGEMENT.
- Understand the needs and desires of members;
- Enhance communication with and between Members using multiple channels;
- Provide diverse programming and training; and
- Develop meaningful opportunities for member involvement.
- STRATEGY 2 – DIFFERENTIATE THE ROLES OF CSDA, DCSS, AND LCSAs.
- Develop a framework for collaboration with the state Department;
- Review (and revise if needed) the definition and benefits of Membership; and
- Continue to educate members on the privileges and limitations of associations.
FOCUS AREA II: Legislative & Policy Advocacy
CSDA is recognized as having influence and participates in decisions that affect the child support program.
CSDA has significant influence with the Legislature, the Department of Child Support Services, and Health and Human Services Agency. We are trusted child support experts with deep knowledge of the program. We involve ourselves in advocating for the well-being of children and in the evolving needs of families.
- STRATEGY 1 – ENHANCE PUBLIC AWARENESS.
- Develop and disseminate “Impact Reports” and other publications;
- Plan and hold an annual Legislative Day;
- Regularly appear in the mass media and popular press; and
- Maintain a vibrant social media presence.
- STRATEGY 2 – GROW STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS.
- Engage Agency, Department of Finance, and the Governor’s Office in support of LCSAs;
- Identify organizations with common and competing concerns;
- Engage stakeholders with program education and information;
- Identify and act on areas of common interest with other organizations; and
- Strengthen relationships with Elected officials and Legislative staff.
FOCUS AREA II: Organizational Health & Stability
- STRATEGY 1 – ENSURE SUFFICIENT FUNDING AND ALLOCATION OF RESOURCES.
- Regularly review the operating budget, reserve balances, and member dues schedule adjusting as necessary to support the strategic plan; and
- Budget and price some programmatic products and services to generate profit net of shared costs and overhead.
- STRATEGY 2 – STRENGTHEN GOVERNANCE SYSTEMS.
- Ensure the committee structure is aligned to the vision, mission, and strategic plan;
- Enhance collaboration between Board, committees, and staff to implement strategic goals;
- Develop and promulgate policies and procedures for the board and committees; and
- Foster internal leadership development.
- STRATEGY 3 – BUILD AN ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE OF COLLABORATION AND DIVERSITY.
- Develop a robust decision-making framework;
- Create trusting environments for shared communication and feedback; and
- Implement effective/efficient methods for developing and maintaining consensus.