How we can protect ourselves from contracting and spreading the virus
So much of protecting yourself and your family comes down to common sense:
- Washing hands with soap and water.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. If surfaces are dirty, clean them using detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Staying away from work, school or other people if you become sick with respiratory symptoms like fever and cough.
- Following guidance from public health officials.
Please consult with your health care provider about additional steps you may be able to take to protect yourself.
Public Health Resources
Open Offices & Courts